Tuesday 6 November 2007

Raveena Tandon Set To Make a Comeback

Matrimony motherhood twice over…and now back to the movies! Yes, Raveena Tandon is all set to make a comeback.

"Ever since my husband Anil and daughter Rasha happened to me I've been constantly getting offers. Quite frankly, they never stopped," confesses Raveena. "But they weren't the kind to tempt me back."

Some major offers have made Raveena re-consider her temporary sabbatical from the cameras. "One of them is a movie where I've the central role. So far post-marriage the offers have been rather thanda-thanda and nothing cool-cool.

But this one is a meaty woman-oriented film. See, if I do a film now it can't be the usual pony-tailed Jill-in- a-drill kind of thing. I'd be happy to do this one film, as long as they don't clash with my daughter's routine."

The other offer, which Raveena is tightlipped about, is for a non-fiction programme on a news channel. "Doing tv is even easier for me because I can synchronize my clock according to Rasha's schedules. In any case she's the least problematic child. Not at all cranky like her mother."

Raveena would be the latest in a longish line of married actresses who returned after motherhood.

The successful ones were….Raakhee (returned successfully with Kabhie Kabhie & Tapasya), Sharmila Tagore (did her most successful films like Aradhana, Amar Prem and Mausam after marriage), Dimple Kapadia (had a fab innings post marriage and motherhood with Sagar, Rudaali and Lekin), Hema Malini (continues to be a queen way past marriage and grownup daughters

0 comments: