Tuesday 19 August 2008

I`m not being choosy, there were no good offers: Suniel Shetty



I`m not being choosy, there were no good offers: Suniel Shetty

New Delhi, Aug 17: Actor Suniel Shetty says that he`s doing fewer movies these days because he hasn`t got any exciting offers, not because he has become finicky about roles.

"The truth is that since the last year or so, I haven`t got good film offers at all. Trash was coming to me in the name of scripts. I am not insecure that I would go for any role. I`m in a position now that I don`t need to compromise," Suniel told reporters in an interview.

The actor also talked about the nearly two-year break he took from films.

"I took a sabbatical for a year and a half and that is when people in the industry realised my worth. I have some good films now, both as an actor and a producer, and I am very happy."

Suniel turned producer in 2003 with his own production banner "Popcorn Motion Pictures". His first two productions were "Khel" and "Rakht", which turned out to be box-office duds.

He then took a much-needed break and returned with comedy film "Bhagam Bhag" in 2006 that turned out be a big hit.

Though his latest venture with Apoorva Lakhia - "Mission Istanbul" - did not fare well, Suniel said that he had no plans of quitting as a producer.

"Popcorn Motion Pictures is my obsession. I started my career as a businessman with a restaurant and garment business. But Suniel Shetty - the businessman - can take over only movies and not any other venture," said the actor who was here to launch his fashion apparel house `Crossover Bollywood Se`.

Suniel, who entered filmdom as an action hero with "Balwaan" (1992), feels that the dynamics of action in films have changed over the years.

0 comments: